Job DescriptionMedicinal Chemist - Biotech - Oxfordshire - Contract
A new role has come available for an experienced Medical Chemist to join a biotechnology company in the Oxfordshire area on a maternity cover contract. The role will focus on the synthesis and biological evaluation of innovative therapeutics with the aim of delivery of drug candidates to the clinic.
Medicinal Chemist Responsibilities:
- Designing and carrying out synthetic routes to synthesise molecules for biological evaluation
- Interpreting biological data to design and optimise drug compounds
- Carrying out complex studies to support project aims
- Keeping up to date with the literature in order to advance knowledge of their field and apply to internal projects
- Regularly present and contribute in project discussions
- PhD in Chemistry or a degree with equivalent industry experience
- A strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- A knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles and drug design
If you feel you would be suitable please apply now. A member of the NES team will be in touch with all relevant applicants.