Currently Queensland’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector. As such we are now seeking an experienced HSE Advisor to fulfil a long-term contract position in Queensland.
The objective of this role is to provide advice and support for operations (production operations, services, maintenance & turnarounds, projects and engineering) to identify hazards and gaps in procedure and practice to ensure safety across the site teams. You will have excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to coach and influence including in behavioural change and management to ensure that safety is ingrained into individuals and team practice. In doing this the HSE Advisor is required to maintain close liaison/support between the field operations and Asset & Corporate HSE and delivery teams.
Essential experience and qualifications include though are not limited to:
- Formal qualifications in Safety/HSSE – minimum Diploma
- Possess an understanding of operations processes (production/maintenance) in the oil & gas industry (or equivalent e.g. Petrochemicals) of 8 years
- High level of HSSE knowledge and experience and ability to effectively apply and communicate this to engage personnel including though not limited to field based staff, contractor/vendor staff and management personnel
- Knowledge of Australian regulatory requirements (local procedures and permits)
- Experience in incident investigation and HSSE&SP auditing; conduct, inspections, risk assessments, PTW and participate in Safety Case review and compliance
- Provide support in the use of the hazard management and behavioural based safety processes
- Ability to coach and influence
- Identifies gaps in processes/systems and can identify practical solutions that can deliver sustained improvement.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rates on even-time rotation and contracts commencing for 12 months along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.