Job DescriptionOur client is currently recruiting for an AGG Support Engineer to join them.
The Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring a high rate of airborne gravity gradiometer (AGG) system availability by providing maintenance and technical support for AGG systems around the world, with particular responsibility for ancillary equipment.
In this role you will be required to work at all Airborne BL offices and spend some time at field locations. You will be responsible for delivering successful outcomes whilst under time pressure to move an AGG system to production.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the investigation and solutions for operational problems in a timely manner.
- Be productive in pursuing innovative ideas to improve productivity.
- Take an active interest in data quality.
- Ensure the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment is carried out.
- Ensure written reports are provided on all maintenance activities.
- Provide monthly plan for scheduled maintenance (location and times) to AGG Manager, OpCo operational managers and Lockheed maintenance personnel.
Asset Tracking :
- Assist the Senior Support Engineer to ensure the integrity of AGG asset tracking is maintained.
- Assist the Senior Support Engineer to ensure repairs to spares are carried out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the install (including testing) of equipment for AGG systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Highly skilled technician/engineer (electronics, IT, mechanics)
- Master Degree in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineer with some work experience will also be highly regarded
- Competent spoken and written English
- Electronics and mechanical maintenance and repair (refrigeration systems)
- Technical – proficiency in electronics and refrigeration
- Experience with AGG systems
- Familiarity with Matlab
- Degree in Engineering (ideally electronics/electrical/mechanical) or related field