Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a 3D As-build Designer and Laser Data Specialist for a contract role in Fort Saskatchewan. The role is Monday-Friday and the individual must be local, or have their own accommodations.
The Asset Information Management Group ensures the integrity and availability of asset related information. The 3D As-build Designer and Data Specialist updates/as-builds our 3-d cad models in PDS, provides laser scan data support and champions 3-d visualization tools within the organization. This is a position best suited for a piping designer/drafter that has an interest in the application of 3-d technology outside of traditional project design.
Accountabilities & Requirements:
• Updates and as-builds 3-d models in PDS system per red-lines, may require field verification at times.
• Follows company drafting and as-build standards. Identifies issues and conducts follow-up with 3-d application specialist and/or project engineers to ensure a quality output.
• Assists in the evaluation and implementation of laser scan management and 3-d viewing applications. Provides ongoing data maintenance and user support of same applications.
• Helps promote the utilization of 3d visualization in the organization. Assists the 3D application administrator supporting these viewing tools.
• Assists in the maintenance of drafting standards. Position Description: Dimensions & Challenges
• This position is expected to engage various stakeholders in the organization, to understand their requirements, build relationships and to seek opportunities to improve work processes with the use of 3-d visualization.
• Must be a team player and willing to support other projects and activities.
• Quick learner that embraces technology and will actively promote the use with others.
Experience and Qualifications required:
• Engineering Design and Drafting Technology Degree or Certification.
• 5 years Design & drafting experience, preferably with experience at a operating site.
• 3+years design & drafting using PDS.
• Experience working with laser scanning technology. Preference will be given to those that have experience managing laser scan data, but proven ability to learn new technology with minimal training will also be considered.
• Must have strong leadership, customer focus, and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.