My client is an innovative chemical engineering company offering efficient membrane-based solutions that helps reducing energy and water consumption during ethanol and solvent recovery manufacturing processes.
Further to expanding their global activities, my client is looking for a Customer Support Engineer. Reporting to the US Engineering Manager and working closely with the project teams in a matrix organization. The successful candidate will be a key interface between their business and its customer base. You must be willing to travel up to 40% to client sites throughout the mid-west and Canada. Responsibilities will include commissioning/start-up, performance data analysis and on-going liaison for the ethanol solution operation. The position will require a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience.
- Demonstrate Company Blueprint values to suppliers, customers, and others.
- Collaborate with the plant operation teams to gather the information that allows the company to develop and deliver customized solutions to the plant.
- Analyze & interpret process data and trends to track system performance
- Provide long-term quality and inspection services for each of our membranes
- Educate customer employees on the capabilities and operation of the bio-ethanol systems.
- Support installation of company equipment & systems.
- Prepare customized SOPs, technical reports, test procedures and other technical documents for customer plant use.
- Plan and lead commissioning and start-ups of new installations.
- Execute process engineering calculations
- Work collaboratively with staff and external customers at all levels to maximize teamwork;
- Travel as needed to achieve project goals and deadlines
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 2 years as a field service representative in the chemical or grain processing industry.
- BS Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred)
- Familiar with technical specifications, codes and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in ethanol production industry is an asset but not essential
- Experience in membrane technology is an asset but not essential
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic, high-energy individual with good self-awareness and self-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work for periods with limited or no supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in teams of people in a virtual environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Able to work in, and effectively make use of, a multicultural environment.
- Strong troubleshooting / Critical thinking skills.
- Cool, calm, confident demeanour even under pressure.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Climb ladders &work at heights
- Lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Safely use a wide range of hand and power tools