An efficiently running laboratory is critical to the quality of the science being conducted within it. With an expanding small molecule drug discovery portfolio, my client, an exciting Biotechnology company in Cambridge is recruiting for a Laboratory Manager to co-ordinate the smooth day-to-day operation of their biochemistry and cell biology labs.
Laboratory Manager Key Responsibilities:
- All aspects of lab management, including instruments, equipment and consumables ordering.
- Maintaining a high quality, safe laboratory environment and supporting the scientists in their everyday work.
- Maintaining databases of reagents (cell lines, proteins etc), COSHH and GMO assessments
- Organising training and maintenance of state-of-the-art equipment
- Maintaining a clean and tidy lab environment including organising lab cleaning and waste disposal, conducting regular inspections
- Co-ordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of chemical and biological reagents
- Meeting with sales reps, negotiating prices on consumables and setting up/reviewing account pricing
- Coordinate Health & Safety requirements and compliance, including licences, permissions, lab safety, display screen equipment and risk assessments, writing of safety SOPs and training of staff
- Graduate qualification or equivalent in a biological science or other relevant discipline
- Significant experience of managing a biological lab
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements specific to the lab environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to work efficiently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on applying.