2. JOB PURPOSE
To supervise and coordinate construction works at project site ensuring all scope requirements are being accomplished as per project schedule and within a budget and with required construction quality & safety standards.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Client representative on the Site and the single point of contact with the Contractors construction management team.
- Managing and coordinating the activities of the Project Management Team at Site and establishing and sustaining Project HSSE values within this team.
- Assist EPC contractor in establishing and maintaining the safety programme for the project.
- Ensuring that the Project complies with all applicable Government and Company regulations, policies and standards.
- Review weekly construction progress and participate in resolving day to day issues.
- Review and approve construction plan and method statements produced by contractors to be followed for implementing project.
- Assisting the Contractor in the development of strategies for construction including public and labour relations.
- Leading the Constructability events in detailed engineering and construction to ensure the constructability of the facilities and ensure that Contractor capable of meeting CAPEX, HSSE and schedule performance targets.
- Shall ensure all construction related risks are being properly managed to avoid project delays and cost escalations.
- Provide regular update on the construction progress including status punch points and change management.
- Assure compliance with all applicable code, legal and Project specific requirements
- Providing construction input into Detailed Engineering designs.
- Supporting and auditing the Contractor and subcontractors that the facilities are constructed as per the approved work scope, project specifications and codes and standards, implementing, in conjunction with the Quality Manager, an appropriate quality control program for construction.
- Monitor the performance of EPC contractor with respect to safety, quality, schedule and field productivity / cost, with support as required from the Project Controls Team and other members of the site team.
- Ensuring that the completions and certification process is comprehensive and rigorously applied.
- Capturing, sharing, and implement learning’s with other projects and ensure import of best work practices in support of Project delivery.
- Providing leadership, coaching and development of all reports.
5. SPAN OF COMMUNICATION
- Internal: Other Project Management Team, General Manager
- External: Consultants, Subcontractors, Grid Company/Contractor, Waste Provider
6. JOB RELEVANT INFORMATION (BOUNDARIES & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY)
As assigned by the General Manager.
7. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant engineering degree with minimum 10 years supervisory / management experience in power project construction environment. Management responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- A strong technical background working on power generation projects, power project with large boiler installation experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering & Power industry technical matters.
- People management experience, particularly in the context of managing a team delivering a project. This should include demonstrable communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective planning skills and familiarity with Primavera 6.
- Excellent information technology skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst delivering quality outputs.
- Ability to work well with team mates and third parties.
- As applicable.