Antibodies and their downstream therapeutic purposes are strong front runners in the ongoing fight in cancer research. My client, a leading Biotechnology company in the Cambridge region is currently seeking the expertise of a Bioanalytical Scientist to advance their internal research programmes and contribute to client based projects around immune-peptidomics.
Bioanalytical Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Performing laboratory assays using HPLC and MS assays for complex protein and peptide samples to internal as well as client based projects.
- Preparing samples, buffers and solvents for HPLC and MS assays.
- Characterisation of proteins and further purifying them with AKTA systems.
- Constructing, maintaining, calibrating standard laboratory equipment such as HPLC and MS – an excellent knowledge of this equipment is essential.
- Interpretation of complex analytical data sets.
- Assisting the setting up of new offerings involving formulation development, and in silico manufacturability assessment through ex vivo serum stability.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments.
- Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to the research.
- PhD in relevant, Protein Biochemical discipline or BSc/MSc with accompanied 2-3 years+ industry experience.
- Excellent Bioanalytical technical skill set, particularly using HPLC and LC-MS.
- Ability to work to a fast pace whilst maintaining a high standard of scientific rigor.
- Excellent communication skills, integrating into a team with multiple varied projects. Confidence when updating clients on the milestones of their projects.
- Good understanding of the research environment in the Biotechnology industry.
If you have the necessary criteria outlined above, please call Charles on 01619427163.