Job DescriptionJob Headline:
Consultant Staff Well Engineer, Completions and Well Interventions
To oversee execution of various slickline and pumping operations in Panna Mukta fields, Offshore Mumbai in safe, efficient and cost-effective manner as per
approved well programs and Company Standards/Policies.
The position reports to Lead CWI Staff Engineer. The onsite CWI Supervisors
reports to this position
• Will be responsible to oversee execution of Slickline activities for Panna
Mukta fields in safe and efficient manner and within budget.
• Will lead and promote company’s HSSE policies and culture in all aspects of
well intervention operations.
• Administer contracts for specific service line of slickline / any other allied
contract associated with slickline. Should have good experience in handling
& managing Slickline contracts via a Contract management plan for various
Slickline service contractors.
• Conduct daily field calls with the field crew to manage 12 hour/ 24 hour
Slickline operations and give technical support for regular problems for
operational continuity without NPT.
• Be well versed with planning, managing & onsite supervision of various
routine & complex Slickline operations including:
o Lock Opening, Communicating & exercising on TRSSV of various
makes like Halliburton NE/ Wellstar, Camco TRM-4E & Baker FV- 6/
o Insert Valve & Storm choke installation on TRSSVs
o Sustained Casing Pressure Diagnosis & remedial including response
to other well integrity issues.
o Slickline Fishing Operations
o Setting of Bridge Plugs & Nipple Profile plugs (PX/PXN/PR/FMH etc.)
o SSD Manipulations, GLV installations & Temporary Abandonments.
o MIT/ MPLT Surveys & Bomb Hanger Installations
o Tubing Patch Installations
o Mechanical Tubing Punch & SPGL Installations
• Should have relevant field supervision experience for carrying out various
Slickline jobs to support field operations as governed by field requirements
in absence of CWI Supervisors.
• It would be desirable to have experience in pumping activities (acid jobs/ ,
nitrogen, etc.) to plan simultaneous/independent slickline and pumping
• Shall be responsible for regular review of Slickline inventory to identify any
critical shortfall/ variance of tools & equipment. Also Slickline tools
requiring immediate maintenance shall be identified and segregated timely so that they are fit and available for operational usage whenever required.
• Will be responsible for planning & designing Slickline jobs as per the 90 days
IAPS plan and identify critical services, material and consumables required
for job execution.
• Will be responsible for making specifications and timely ordering of
identified Slickline services, material and consumables to deliver the 90
days IAPS plan with the help of Contract & Procurement support.
• Will be responsible for making/ reviewing Slickline well programs and will
ensure that company policies, engineering standards and procedures are
• Will be responsible for managing the performance of the Slickline
contractor through a Contract Management plan and ensure enhanced
operational performance through weekly & monthly performance reviews.
• Will capture & apply Lessons Learnt from various Slickline operations.
• Responsible for review and update the Slickline Risk Assessment & SOP as
and when required to improve operational safety & efficiently.
• Should be capable of carrying out Slickline post job analysis and present
recommendations for management review for operational/ cost efficiency.
• Will mentor trainee junior WI engineers on Slickline operations.
• Front Line Barrier Manager (FLBM) on location during operations.
• IWCF certification prior to joining.
• HSSE Critical Role: Yes
Authority/ Influence over Resources:
Full control of wells being intervened and Company/Contractor equipment and
personnel deployed for the well intervention operations being supervised.
Authority for Change:
Minor changes to well intervention programs in consultation with Base Staff
Operations Engineer as permitted by approved program. Any other changes will
be subject to Company’s Management of Change Policy.
Internal/ External Interaction:
• Internal Stakeholders: Base CWI team.
• External Stakeholders: Production Operations, field vessel management
team and service provider companies such as Halliburton, etc.
• JV Exposure – Yes
• Setting up right HSE/work culture & bring innovative changes to operating
• Approximately 3.5 months
Location: The role is primarily for based in Mumbai Office. However, the
incumbent may also be required to Work at Shorebase / Offshore location to
assist in preparing of Well Intervention operations as required.
• Base Office
• On Site Time Requirement: 24 x 7 - 12 Hrs a day
• Off Hours: 12 Hrs a Day (ON-Off : 28 Days On X 28 Days Off or 14 days On X
14 days off)
• HSSE Critical Role: Yes [Front Line Barrier Manager – FLBM]
• JV Exposure : Yes
The Individual is required to have following:
• Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/petroleum).
• Should have at least 7 years of WI operational experience (pumping/
Slickline/ Coil Tubing/ stimulation etc.)
• Should have at least 3 years of field/ supervisory experience in WI activities
(pumping/ Slickline/ Coil Tubing/ stimulation etc).
• Should have at least 3 years of conducting/ managing slickline operations.
• Should have the ability to foresee operational problems in time and be
prepared for contingencies on a dynamic basis to support offshore
• Should be able to work independently with minimal peer assistance /
supervision to deliver approved business plan for Slickline.
• Relevant knowledge of reservoir, well completion, well control & well
• Should be able to conduct HSSE & operation related RCAs to reach a
• Relevant SAP knowledge to enable creation of ITR, material order release &
invoice approvals. These are desirable skills.
• Self-motivated, collaborative and delivery focused with proven track record.
• Good Communication Skills verbal and written
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Results orientated with a commitment to quality and continual
improvement Ability to make prompt decisions with a continual focus on
• IWCF – Well Intervention certification
Knowledge, Languages, Skills and Attributes:
The individual should have skills as follows:
• Behaviour: Good leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Safety conscious, self-motivated, and delivery focused.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively (verbal
• MS Office - literate on Computer and be able to work with Company
provided software for reporting.