8+ years experience with the design and layout of electrical distribution systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, pipeline facilities, and bio-pharm plants. Must have field experience in the related field environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
High School or equivalent
Must demonstrate the ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate design and construction hours to complete. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, construction contractors), direct Junior staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Must be able to estimate electrical construction and installation costs. Must understand client MOC, plant electrical and drawing standards. Must display the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives.
- Specific knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeder breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120 volts through 5kV)
- Understand short circuit requirements, perform voltage drop calculations, connected load calculations
- Develop detailed motor connection drawings and equipment control stations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Generate detailed/complex control panel wiring and layout plot plans and installation details.
- Generate new or modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details.
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package, and estimate cost with some supervision.