Job DescriptionWe are working with a leading Oil & Gas Operator in Perth who are on the lookout for a Data Management Analyst for a 3 day a week contract assignment for 18+months.
Technical Data Management Analyst for the Exploration Geophysics department. You will be responsible for managing data quality, publishing data to corporate stores and checking the completeness of all incoming and outgoing data used by the Upstream Technical Disciplines, including geologists, geophysicists, Wells Engineers, Reservoir Engineers and Production Engineers.
You will deliver Technical Data Management services as part of a one-team delivery. You will be expected to apply Technical Information and Data principles to all studies carried out in Exploration and Field Development, with an emphasis on geophysical data - seismic traces, seismic navigation and field data.
This role also involves the management of large volumes of seismic data and associated media in physical stores, structured databases and large on-line or near line seismic data storage systems.
The candidate we are seeking for this position should possess;
• A degree, diploma, or commensurate experience in a relevant Science/ Exploration & Production (E&P) technical discipline.
• Demonstrated experience as a technical data manager and/or geoscientist with significant exposure to petroleum science data.
• A good level of resilience and professionalism, with an ability to self-motivate and work autonomously with little supervision, whilst staying focused on delivery to the business.
• A proven ability to prioritise the delivery of competing workloads.
• An interest or demonstrated experience in creating sustainable, automated technical data loading and quality control /IT solutions in an everchanging database landscape.
• An ability to work inclusively within a diverse team of experienced Information and Data analysts.
• Sound knowledge of E&P data types and work practices, and an appreciation for the various key supporting technical documents that need to be published as part of the business cycle.
• A solid understanding of the basics of seismic data acquisition and processing, the difference between pre-stack and post-stack seismic, and recognise different processing products and diagnostics for example raw stacks and migrated stacks.
• An understanding of the following geophysical data types and ability to identify/rectify data issues- VSP, segy, segd, .bri, .vt, horizons, faults, polygons, navigation data, velocity data/models.
• Ability to interpret seismic coverage plots and know the difference between the various outlines – acquisition, full-fold and migration.
• Ability to set up complex multi-survey master projects as a source for individual working projects.
• Properly load or off-load all non-trace related data in most common formats – SEGY or GOCAD velocities, gravity/magnetic grids and borehole geophysical acquisition
• Ability to apply geophysical knowledge in support of applications for velocity modelling, depth conversion, well ties to seismic, integrated well log correlation, 2D/3D seismic interpretation, 3D volume-based seismic interpretation, estimation of reservoir and fluid properties from seismic.
• Able to work and assist end-users with their front-end applications used by Exploration Geophysics workflows (such as Petrel (Schlumberger), Geosigns applications, GOCAD and SIPMAP), as well as manage data and metadata capture in corporate data stores, such as Landmark’s OpenWorks and Petrel Reference projects.
• A working knowledge of Python/SQL scripting language is desirable. If you can demonstrate that you have these skills, relevant qualifications, geophysics related competencies and data management experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors, we would welcome your application.