Job DescriptionScientist, Materials Characterisation - Pharma - Hertfordshire - Permanent
A new role has arisen for a Senior Scientist, Materials Characterisation to join a pharmaceutical company in Hertfordshire following a period of significant investment. Are you an experienced Analytical Chemist with a background in materials characterisation and eager to progress your career in a high impact environment?
- Providing expertise in the characterisation in starting materials, intermediates and APIs in support of Synthetic and Process Chemistry teams
- Full materials characterisation in order to determine the final salt and polymorphic form of drug products
- Preformulation, crystallization and solubility studies
- Working in project teams to solve scientific problems related to the characterisation of APIs
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a degree and equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with materials characterisation techniques including DSC, TGA, XRPD, DVS, microscopy
- A working knowledge of studies related to crystallography, crystallisation, salt selection, pre-formulation and polymorphism.
- An excellent communicator with an high attention to detail.