Job Title: Manager - Business Development
Reports to: Global Head – Training Services & SVP – Business Development
Business Unit: Company Training Services, East (PTS)
Main purpose of role:
Build, develop and broaden relationships with existing and new clients. Ensure that existing clients are managed in a way to maximise potential future revenues for PTS. Research and identify potential new clients to remain focussed on business development opportunities. Identify and qualify for new opportunities which are aligned to the business strategy and which results in high level of successful conversion, while delivering key individual objectives
KEY DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Take personal responsibility for safety and adhere to Company’s ‘Eight Golden Rules’.
- Maximise the value to Company of all business development and commercial opportunities. Be responsible for sales targets and developing key market entries
- Identify and develop new commercial opportunities that will allow Company to broaden its remit within the defined areas of responsibility
- Manage market knowledge diligently, maintaining competitor and industry knowledge and utilising business development tools available. Support the BD SVP and business planning process
- Ensure Company is included on any relevant tender lists and conduct win plans/pursuit plans and provide intelligence to better our position
- Provide input to tenders working and coordinating with team members from commercial, proposals, tax and projects. Demonstrate leadership
- Develop pricing and tender basis working with the finance and commercial team
- Understand Terms & Conditions of the Tenders
- Understand business risks and mitigating opportunities. Producing and presenting Risk Review documents
- Provide proactive relationship management for existing business and future projects.
- Identify and build strategic joint venture partnerships in order to further develop strategic opportunities
- Demonstrate exemplary business principles in accordance with Company policies, setting standards of behaviour and performance; ‘Live’ our Company Values and apply them in day-to-day work.
- Build relationships of trust with all stakeholders – internal and external
- Build detailed knowledge of Company products and service capability in the region in order that this can be clearly and effectively communicated to current and potential clients across the East.
- Ensure that the leadership team has sufficient business development and commercial information so that informed decisions may be taken on current and future projects.
The above is an outline of key duties and accountabilities, rather than an exclusive or exhaustive list of responsibilities. The post holder is expected to undertake any tasks which may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Knowledge & Qualifications :
- Degree qualified, ideally with a master’s degree or post graduate business qualification
- Suitably experienced business development leader
- Significant understanding of the oil and gas industry and in particular the service & training sector
- Highly developed leadership and presentation skills
- Proven financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse complex information and strong decision making capabilities
- Driven to deliver and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Able to develop excellent client relationships
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Fluent English both spoken and written
- Deliver successful outcomes
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- Understand quality, risk and technical integrity issues
- Ability to travel as and when required
- To be a self-starting manager of the “business development” process
- To provide clear regular reports
- To provide prospects analysis, win strategies and real time updates
- To develop and maintain Customer relationships
- To be flexible and resourceful with the stamina to succeed in the exciting and dynamic but challenging business development environment