Job DescriptionJob Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Operator, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for a permanent position to be based in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as petrochemical and oil and gas.
- Serve as a member of cross-functional team to resolve equipment problems, investigate incidents and improve reliability
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Perform functions and duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site
- Promptly report all safety, health or environmental incidents or issues
- Monitor operating performance of rotating equipment to ensure availability is maximized, performance is up to expected levels and cost of operations, repair and ownership is minimized.
- Provide technical and field support to Operations and Maintenance departments for mechanical equipment.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Develop and maintain reliability improvement/tracking programs for critical assets for mechanical equipment.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Assist in root cause failure analysis on critical equipment failures.
- Perform component failure analysis as required.
- Witness repairs to equipment and serve as a coordinator on critical equipment repairs as needed.
- Initiate capital projects to maintain/enhance business goals.
- Participate on capital project teams and provide assistance in development of specifications and supporting detail design efforts.
- Review project design packages for proper design regarding reliability, application and maintenance.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the preventative maintenance program.
- Develop, review and maintain equipment specifications as related to purchasing, installation, operation, and maintenance/repairs.
- Develop and implement alterations and revisions to equipment to improve business performance of the operating units.
- Provide various reports as needed.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in petrochemical and oil and gas industry working in operating facility
- Experience working in methanol plant preferred or similar technologies in ammonia, syngas, fertilizer, etc.
- Experience supervising contractors and subcontractors is a plus