Job DescriptionJob Title: Structural Technical Authority
Contract: 12 Month Renewable
Key responsibilities include:
• Meet the expectations of Structural Integrity Management Strategy (SIMS) for on and off shore structures, and associated equipment.
• Fulfil the expectations of the Competent Body’s terms of reference and demonstrate competent management of asset integrity.
• Accountable for Safety Critical Equipment Performance Standards for Structures
• Provide risk assessment and recommendation of action, and approve, requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
• Lead the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS). Undertake strategic reviews and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
• Ensure the continual development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring and receipt and distribution of deliverables.
• Act as a technical and coaching focal point for discipline engineers and in direct support of line management
• Provide health and competence advice of discipline including succession planning and coaching.
• Regularly report to the business on all aspects of role.
• Regulatory - HSE liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities.
• Ensure the management of topsides and subsea inspection strategies development on annual cycle in order to provide clear and concise inspection requirements to Inspection Engineers
• Ensure the management of topside weight database for all offshore installations
• Ensure the management and review of scheduled air gap / tilt survey programme in accordance with strategy
• Ensure the review and assessment of structural inspection reports and endorse appropriate inspection frequencies. Review and endorse Repair Orders and Fabric Maintenance Recommendations in terms of scope and suitable timeframes
• Oversee structural integrity support contractors’ performance, scope, quality of service and value for money.
• Develop and ensure the production of structural annual summary report for all installations annually by end 1st Qtr
• Act as Control Authority in the Management of Change process (PMP/PeMoC) providing technical assurance to modifications. Deliverables – safe completion of projects and modifications
• Ensure the maintenance of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API edition codes and perform relevant life extension assessments where required
• Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors.
• Support offshore assets and onshore terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary
• Review structural inspection and maintenance strategies regularly in terms of alignment with field life expectations of infrastructure
Safety Critical Tasks:
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
• The minimum requirement for this position is a Degree (BSc or BEng) in Civil / Structural Engineering, along with a professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE or IstructE) and / or a Chartered Engineer.
• At least 10 years’ experience working as a structural engineer dealing with structural integrity (topside and submerged sections) of matured offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of AP1.2A
• Strong leadership skills in order to develop others, provide timely feedback and guidance to all team engineers.
• An analytic eye for detail, a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
Additional Desirable Criteria
• Previous experience of developing and approval of maintenance and integrity strategies.
• Previous experience of developing and managing the delivery of the applicable Performance Standards.
• A proven record of technical management within the appointed discipline.
• A full understanding and a record of implementing the applicable regulation, codes and standards applicable to the full remit of operations.