Technical Authority - I&C
|Job Title:||Technical Authority - I&C|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Duane|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 16:52|
Contract: 12 Month Renewable
Key responsibilities include:
• Supporting instrument engineers in complex instrumentation issues, ensuring compliance to applicable standards and cost efficiency.
• Support automations engineers with functional design issues, providing project assistance and attending FAT’s where required.
• Reviewing data sheets before issue to vendor, reviewing drawing updates for accuracy, reviewing Statement of Requirement and issuing standards documents to vendors.
• Provide unbiased advice to managers and to seek out concise and accurate information on their behalf
• Review MOC’s of all levels of complexity and ensure compliance with the MOC is adhered to by all instrument and controls engineers
• Participate in safety studies such as HAZOPs, LOPAs and also practical interfaces such as FAT/SATs, Project Reviews and FSA assessments.
• Support project and operational support activities as a subject matter expert or source of expert analysis for Functional Safety, Application of Alarm Management, Management of Fire and Gas systems
• Mentoring and competency assurance, contribute to the development of graduates and students, formally assess the competency of engineers as part of the company competency assurance system
Safety Critical Tasks
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
• Ideally a Chartered Engineer or on a professional development program to become so
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within the Oil & Gas Industry
• Ideally degree qualified or a minimum of HND level with + 10 years’ experience
• A recognised qualification in Functional Safety would be advantageous
• Experienced in Alarm Management and Fire and Gas design
• Strong operational knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's