Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 3+ year contract assignment.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is required:
- Monoethylene Glycol (MEG)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Porpane Dehydrogenation (PDH)
- Polypropylene (PP)
The ideal candidate will have combined exposure to field and office work related to Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning.
Bidding and Engineering Stage:
- Prepare Technical sections of the ITB packages
- Support project EPC bid process by reviewing bid proposals and support clarification process
- Support the project management Gating process by developing/reviewing project technical deliverables as per Project Management Manual standards.
- Prepare and assist Project Manager for presentations or any other reports required as per request.
- Must be willing to locate to EPC home office for project support
- Review and evaluate Equipment Vendors pre-qualification documents for inclusion in Approved Vendor List.
- Review EPC contractor documents/drawings for quality assurance and compliance with ITB requirements
- Review vendor engineering documents/drawings for compliance with PO requirements
- Perform projects Internal Assurance Audits at various stages of engineering progress to check compliance with project specifications.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with Project Management Team (PMT), Affiliate representatives, and other discipline engineers.
- Evaluate waivers of Engineering Standards and clarification requests generated by EPC Contractor.
- Participate in critical reviews, such as:
- Witness FAT's (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT's (Site Acceptance Tests) of critical equipment or systems.
- Support project schedule reviews
- Support project with contractor and vendor progress verifications
- Ensure compliance to EHSS standards
- Support contractors to resolve any technical issues and communicate any deviations to the PMT through the project MOC process.
- Review field changes proposed during the Construction phase and communicate any changes through the Change Order procedure.
- Review As-Built drawings for completeness and field accuracy
- B.S. in Engineering
- PE License is preferred
- 10+ years of Process Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in the petrochemicals sector
- 5+ years of experience supporting megaprojects
- Construction & Commissioning experience
- Owner/Operator experience