Job Title: ISP Project Manager
Job Function/Product Line: Integrated Services and Projects (ISP)
Reports To (Job Title): ISP Global Projects Execution Manager
Location: Iraq - Basra
Provides effective leadership, co-ordination/management of the organization for integrated solution projects (one or more), interfacing with all Company’s product lines and services and, where necessary, third-party providers to meet/exceed our clients’ business requirements.
Creates financial value through project management best practices tools and techniques for effective/ efficient full lifecycle delivery. Maximize the project’s financial return to Company’s, through vigilant management of risk and change processes, incremental upsell/cross sell revenues and/or performance bonus payments). Effective financial management of all project costs including procurement, logistics and resources.
Is the internal and external focal point for specific projects and is responsible for all aspects of a project including leading, motivating and communciating. Ensures all QHSEE, legal and ethical standards are maintained
This position will primarily be site based managing scheduling for large integrated services projects. This may include periods working within Client Offices and/or, oveseas bases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manager is internal and external focal point for specific projects by liaising with both the client and internal Company’s team to provide project management best practices services as per clients requirements. This will involve demonstrating innovative solutions and technology in order to maximize company's potential in the market place by utilising all available products and resources. Demonstrate and encourage innovative and lateral thinking to progress all potential opportunities to solutions and service delivery across all Company’s Product Lines.
- Manage the Project Plan: Prepare the Project Execution Plan (PEP) which is includes all facets of the project lifecycle from planning and execution, through to project closure. Work continuously to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the project
- Manage Project Risks: Direct the project team’s efforts in the identification and impact of potential project risks in the form of a risk register; develop (with project team) strategies and contingency plans to eliminate or mitigate the impact on project delivery of identified risks.
- Manage the Project Schedule: Prepare a comprehensive project schedule to ensure optimum operation and project development in a safe and timely manner; meet project productivity and quality goals
- Manage the Project Budget and Costs: Manage the fiscal activities of the project to include budgets and financial goals; monitor actual well/operations costs and benchmark against offset data of other operators to ensure that we are the best-in-class; approve project expenditures to include approval of project invoices to the Customer; prepare project financial update reports when requested or on a regular basis
- Manage Project Conflicts and Problems: Coordinate and implement solutions from process analysis for general project issues; analyze and document
- problems, manage the development and execution of solutions to resolve problems as they arise and enhance efficiencies; report and follow up on NPT incidents.
- Manage Project Communications: Provide regular reporting to the Client & internally within Company’s of project progress and updates. Prepare detailed best practices project documents and engineering procedures for all operations, ensure they are adhered to and manage any changes that are required.
- Ensure daily operations are executed according to the well program, budget, schedule and deviations properly documented
Manage the Project Stakeholders:
- Provide integrated operations interface with the customer, product line management and the Geo-zone
- Coordinate with the Product Line Managers, Drilling Contractor, QHSE Manager, Human Resources, Project Controller and Corporate Support for the execution of the project plan
- Handle all contract issues and ensure customer attention and satisfaction
- Communicate with Supervisors, Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents on project operations
- Coordinate contract arrangements with customer
- Provide day-to-day assistance to Customer’s Contract and Project Managers
Manage the Project Team:
- Conduct business in accordance with the Company’s Business Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Plan, direct and provide general supervision over the activities of assigned personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures maintaining a collaborative working relationship and environment
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out-of-policy operational problems
- Direct project team members in the development, analysis, preparation and submission of standard HSE, Finance and Operational Reports
- Schedule and conduct all project meetings as appropriate, and as defined in the project communications plan, to include DWOPs, AARs, etc.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels; conduct interviews, hire new staff and provide employment orientation; coach and provide career development advice to staff
- Ensure compliance with WFT Health Safety & Environment policy; support QHSE OEPs implementation
- Motivate personnel to comply with all QHSE principals by setting the example and implementing safe work practices
- Ensure QHSE Emergency Response Plan functions as developed, documented and tested with simulation exercises to ensure the drilling team is capable of responding to emergencies
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Engineering degree or business degree (with additional technical qualification) or a relevant experience and ability to demonstrate strong technical / commercial aptitude.
- Extensive experience in well operations in operational, technical sales and/or technical engineering. Previous on site knowledge of oil & gas operations & practices. Previous technical engineering experience in drilling / well control operations. Previous Management experience in operations, sales or a technical role.
- Excellent proficiency for field calculations, invoice preparation/approval, financial statement preparation. Excellent computer skills, MS project server, sharepoint services, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet use for preparation of job/project specific procedures and dealing with amendments to existing procedures. Ability to demonstrate significant technical ability /experience in 1 or 2 Company’s Product lines.
- An Intermediate or Higher vocational education in onshore /offshore engineering with Oil and Gas knowledge, civil or equal.
- Extensive work experience in a comparable position in Oil and Gas EPC projects.
- Previous extensive experience in a project management role demonstrating best practices (PMBOK), tools and techniques. Current PMP certification.
- Knowledge of Company’s Services. Latest industry technologies and equipment for well operations/problem job analysis and reporting Commercial experience in operations and tender preparation Experience of budget preparation Experience in developing and implementing strategy and business plans.
- Experience in Project Management demonstrating best practices (PMBOK), tools and techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITY
- Must be able to prepare a financial report and KPI analysis anytime of project execution
- Must be able to prepare cost estimates and project schedules
- Must possess knowledge of general accepted financial and budgeting practices
- Strong technical / commercial aptitude
- A team player who is focused on getting results, with strong analytical skills, ability to interpret and develop statistical reports and calculations.
- Good command of the English language and preferably other languages
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Drive and Enthusiasm
- Excellent Communication skills
- Keen to take the initiative
- Strong customer focus
- Credibility when meeting and discussing equipment with customers
- Have sound commercial awareness and good business acumen
- Strong professional presentation skills
- Innovative ideas to increase and expand the business