|Job Title:||Lab Technician|
|Location:||Fort Mc Murray, Canada|
|Contact Name:||Malgorzata Stefan|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 19:22|
• Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
• Oversees all analytical operations.
• Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
• Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
• Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
• Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
• Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
• Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
• Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
• Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
• Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
• Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
• Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
• Performs varied and more complex tasks.
• Makes decisions within broad parameters.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Lab Team Leader - Steam cracker unit
Lucrative residential package.
Mechanical Engineering Technician
$95000 - $110000 per annum
Planning Technician I
Houston, United States