The energy industry is being transformed by improved decision making made possible by data, analytics, automation and machine learning. Aker Solutions’ ix3 was established to keep its customers at the forefront of this change. We are designing the software capabilities, resources and processes required for an innovative future across engineering, operations and services.
Ix3 was established to transform the customer value proposition commercial through leading digital and software offerings. We are developing software solutions to accelerate field development projects, automate engineering and optimize asset integrity, safety and performance throughout the life of and oil and gas asset.
In order to strengthen its' commercial capability, we are looking for a Software Sales Manager to drive growth & add true value to our customers, by understanding their needs & understanding our products.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Builds business and generates revenue through establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and identifying and developing sales prospects, understanding specific problems, or opportunities, and how they can be solved by software/digital solutions
- Understand how digital software/deliveries differentiates Aker Solutions from its competitors, captures value for Aker Solutions
- Achieve sales targets through sales of software solutions and adjacent services by identifying business opportunities/prospects, review, select and prioritize to maximize positioning and winning probabilities
- Lead, follow through and take responsibility for stand-alone software tenders and closing sales as well as working in alignment with account management, tendering and sales teams to create sales and business opportunities
- Identifies product and service improvements or new products and services by remaining current on market/customer needs, industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Maintains quality customer service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and ensure continuous improvement
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Preferably degree qualified, ideally in a relevant discipline
- At least 5+ years experience as sales professional, with a proven track record in sales
- Proven success in sales of software solutions and digital technologies (Saas & PaaS)
- Excellent presentation and communications skills in English, both verbally and written
- Excellent client relationships skills - emphasizing excellence, prospecting and negotiation skills, creativity, sales planning and execution
- Team player and ability to efficiently navigate the organization and engage key stakeholders
- High energy level; self-going and comfortable with a high pace environment
- Creative and passionate about sales methodologies and practice
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
For further information on this role please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / email@example.com