Job DescriptionPHP Developer – Permanent - Loughborough
PHP Developer ESSENTIALS:- Strong PHP 5.6 required 7.x preferred. HTML, CSS, jQuery (including ajax concepts and usage). Source control – Git. Using mysql, xml, json data sources. RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ Message Queuing systems. Understanding multiple code design methodologies ie: MVC. Experience working in an Agile environment and ability to swap between multiple smaller projects with ease. Knowledge and understanding of AWS Services within system architecture.
PHP Developer Duties and Key responsibilities:
• Help develop functional and technical specs and specify time frames / resource from meetings with key staff members regarding new feature development.
• Lead and support several junior developers to ensure successful project delivery.
• Help influence the direction/architecture/technology used throughout our entire platform and real estate.
• Hands on development work on more complex projects and features keeping your skills at cutting edge and active.
PHP Developer Key Skills:
• Strong PHP 5.6 required 7.x preferred
• HTML, CSS, jQuery (including ajax concepts and usage)
• Source control – Git
• Using mysql, xml, json data sources.
• Ability to understand and implement complex workflows through multiple systems both internal and 3rd party external.
• Team leadership experience and knowledge.
• Ability to build complex specifications from meetings with non-technical people.
• Strong understanding of relevant technologies and their application helping us to utilise the best technology available for every solution.
• RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ Message Queuing systems
• Understanding multiple code design methodologies ie: MVC
• Experience working in an Agile environment and ability to swap between multiple smaller projects with ease.
• Knowledge and understanding of AWS Services within system architecture.
PHP Developer Optional Skills:
• PHP Framework knowledge – Specifically Fat Free Framework
• Ability to design DB structures and data structures.
• Project Management experience however does not need to be formal just an understanding of what is required to deliver a project on time from a technical aspect.
• Understanding of database clustering / sharding and data localisation.
• Experience of multiple payment systems in multiple countries meeting all local country data management requirements.
Excellent opportunity to join a company that are growing, if you don’t have any leadership experience but have a strong hands on PHP Development background and this is an area you are looking to move in to this would be a fantastic opportunity for you, the company will be more than doubling in side within the IT Department over the next 12 months.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK