Senior Contract Analyst (LNG Sales)
Working for the largest producer of LNG in the world the role of Senior Contracts Analyst under the Commercial and Shipping Group will administer the provisions relating to payment, quantity, force majeure and notification of the assigned LNG sales agreements as well as coordinating and monitoring implementation of all other provisions of the agreements to ensure compliance and exercise the company's rights.
- Develops, leads and/or maintains working procedures for implementation of the SPAs through structured coordination of input from the various functions and cascade of the latest procedure version.
- Establishes and/or updates annual activities tracking calendar for each SPA to enhance monitoring and compliance as well as to ensure capture of optionality decision milestones; coordinates accordingly with functions and buyers.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and issuing of contractual notices including price notification, diversions, monthly and annual volume reconciliations.
- Develops and/or maintains controlled calculation models for SPA implementation and issues required reports: SPA quantities obligations reconciliation and tracking for term SPAs, Netback LNG pricing models as applicable, Shipping lay time calculation and special payment provisions such as netback cost reconciliation credits.
- Prepare and/or verifies the issuing of LNG cargo invoices, cargo documentation and implements template documents for new sales in the department business system.
- Provides functional review into new SPAs or spot sales confirmation noticies for the marketing department. Analyses issues arising with buyers against SPA provisions, coordinates company functional input and recommends or proposes solution options to supervisor.
- Coordinates, prepares and documents buyers meetings on behalf of supervisor and maintains customer issue log for assigned customer base.
- Identifies any potential or actual breaches of the contract agreement by either the seller or buyer.
- Provides subject matter expertise in support of new LNG SPA negotiation. Leads the review and discussion with buyers of issues under SPAs and development of resolution recommendations.
- Oversee monthly auditing of SPA netback terminal and pipeline costs as applicable.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Economics,Business Administration or associated degree.
- 8 + years general business or industry experience that includes 6 + years hydrocarbon sales contracts administration experience preferably with marine export exposure.