Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently recruiting for an Applications Engineer to join a site based team on a Chemical Manufacturing Facility in the Fife, Scotland.
The Applications Engineer will develop, install, and sustain process applications in pursuit of Automation objectives and contribute to all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of support to technology commercialization.
- Work effectively with partners and contractors in pursuit of efforts on the projects and assets they support
- Support project development from concept selection through commissioning and startup and/or all phases of asset operational life through asset sale or decommissioning
- Apply understanding of asset operations, and teamwork, communication and presentation skills to develop and deliver cost effective technical support within the individual's core discipline
- Identify, develop and install new process applications and interfaces to increase process safety, operability and profitability
- Maintain and modify existing process control applications and operator interfaces
- Sustain automation solutions to drive and steward value delivery
- Ability to read/interpret process flow diagrams and process and instrumentation diagrams
- BSc. Degree in an Engineering discipline required
- Minimum 5 years of Process Control experience as a Control / Applications Engineer in a manufacturing plant or engineering contractor firm working with operations to deploy and sustain automation solutions
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Distributed Control Systems (Honeywell TDC 3000, Experion
- Ability to prioritize multiple high-value objectives while maintaining alignment with key stakeholders