The Purchasing Expediting is a fast-paced position with multiple moving parts. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated with a strong work ethic. The candidate will be working with numerous divisions with the purchasing group, Capital, Turnaround and Field buying. The supervisor will work closely with the individual but will not be present always, at least 80% of the time the individual will be working independently without direct supervision.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Track and log material/equipment that arrives at varies job sites.
- Responsible for expediting all North American Plants
Maintain constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are in route.
- Notify project Management team in a timely manner if a critical delivery is going to be late
- Orders on projects have various requirement, drawing requirements, drawing approval, that will need to be followed. The individual will need to track who has the equipment and when the project is complete.
- Coordinate with warehouse and vendors to work shipping discrepancies and Good Receipt issues
- Support maintenance planners to expedite orders for unplanned projects
- Expected Ship Date
- Expected Arrival Date
- Tracking Number
- Assure confirmations have been received
- Responsible for the timely delivery of categorized project plant equipment and contractor document deliverables to the agreed location, on-time or ahead of the contractually agreed delivery date.
- Providing oversight and delivery management on a number of equipment packages.
- To be able to work decisively (within their remit) and effectively without continual intervention from the supervisor.
- Escalate to the Buyers or project team any actual or potential problems which would adversely affect delivery of critical equipment and/or key drawing and data submittal dates.
- To keep sufficient records of order progress, supplier performance and associated delays etc. to provide the Purchasing department and Project Management team with recommendations for Liquidated Damages claims and/or back charges.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly and concisely get their point across.
- 3-7 yrs. experience in related field (supply chain, logistics, purchasing) preferred.
- Work experience within the Petro-Chemical or Oil and Gas Sector would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of the supplier documentation submittal and review process.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with SAP and working knowledge of integrated MRP / materials management systems.
- Able to work well with others both within and across functional boundaries.
- Work under minimum supervision