Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, currently has an opportunity for a Maintenance First Line Supervisor in Nanticoke, ON. This is a 3 month contract starting in August. All candidates must be local or willing to find own accommodations as no camp or LOA is provided
- This role is responsible for directing or over-seeing work done by others in maintaining Company facilities, owning and managing the relationship /contract with the Maintenance & Reliability (M&R) and construction providers, focusing on delivery of objectives and plans within agreed performance parameters, and driving continuous improvement.
- Supervises maintenance teams to help Operations deliver safe, reliable and profitable operations. Typical job positions may include: Maintenance First Line Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Fleet M&R and Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) Supervisor, Maintenance & Repair Coordinator/ Engineering Manager, Asset Management Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Coordinator.
- Work actively to remove barriers to help ensure maintenance and project work activities meet its cost and time delivery goals.
- Collaborate with Planners/Schedulers to develop resource plan, verify and endorse cost estimates.
- Manage maintenance activities within budget, identify and capture efficiencies and prioritize work commitments
- Be part of the Site Emergency Response team
- 10+ Years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Trades Background
- Adaptability, analytical thinking, collaboration, effective communication, courage of conviction, sound decision-making, risk management, shows initiative. Functional
- SSHE management - operations and maintenance, managing critical maintenance activities, maintenance planning, maintenance scheduling, turnaround planning, maintenance management.
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs