Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large midstream company, has an opportunity for an Computer Aided Designer (Piping Designer). This is a year contract in Edmonton, Monday-Friday. Individuals must be local or have their own accommodations.
The primary focus of this role is to support the client's SCADA Replacement Program and stakeholders in the optimization of 2D CAD drawings and 3D models, and assist in the development of new standards and methodologies to visualize and digitize connectivity information. Additionally, this role is accountable to tailor existing drawings to meet the specific needs for a SCADA System Human Machine Interface.
- (List in descending order of importance the responsibilities and accountabilities (use action verbs) and identify the major end results expected of this position
- Utilizes industry best practices and established standards to ensure drawing and model creation or edits adhere to corporate standards and professional requirements.
- Optimize drawings and models to meet requirements established by the client
- SCADA Replacement Program
- Develop and maintain facility connectivity data systems
- Create up to date and trustworthy drawings and models on an as needed basis.
- (Describe the magnitude of the responsibilities as they relate to safety, customer, physical, financial, and people. Describe this position’s decision-making authority and the independent judgment /discretion to be exercised.)
- Diploma in an Engineering Technology discipline or similar from a recognized polytechnic institution or a relevant combination of training and experience.
- Currently registered or eligible to register with ASET, as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
- Expert drafting skills, with experience in AutoCAD;
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible drafting and 3D modeling experience with a large oil and gas operator or engineering service provider.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with Projects, Operations, and other technical subject matter experts.
- Exhibits great interpersonal skills and works effectively in a team environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Requires strong customer service focus and ability to maintain effective working relationships with broad base of engineering drawing users and editors.
- Highly motivated individual that draws on a number of known options to solve problems and develop improvements.