Job DescriptionAssistant Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 – Days based role
- To provide safe and effective operation and maintenance of the Site Services including the planning, co-ordination and execution of all maintenance engineering work across the site. Support the Operations Engineering Manager and work in close partnership with other Assistant Engineers and Plant Engineers.
- Prepare and Issue PTWs and risk assessments.
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
- Conduct audits
- Prepare risk assessments for non-routine maintenance tasks
- Prepare and issue PTW risk assessments
- Provide engineering management presence and cover on site during all shutdown periods and bank holidays.
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Carryout daily planning, organising and co-ordination of the work and resources of the site maintenance teams and contract resources according to the work requests and priorities.
- Provide technical support and guidance for the maintenance team.
- Organise inspections and monitoring of services plant and ensure areas are maintained in clean and tidy condition
- Ensure that systems and procedures are fully enforced
- Monitor operational performance and effectiveness and review operational systems, methods of working, resource utilisation, maintenance and equipment care programmes identifying improvements to the relevant Engineering Manager and implementing as appropriate.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures in his/her area of responsibility to improve operational performance and compliance.
- Assist the Compliance Engineer to manage site PSSR, vessel inspection visits and maintain written schemes and documentation records.
- Assists with management of maintenance and inspections in Hazardous Areas to ensure compliance with relevant standards and codes of practice in his/her area of responsibility
- Prepare management reports as required
- Arrange procurement of materials and services
- Support Engineering Stores
- Lead team of multi-skilled craftsmen and shift technicians
- Achieve high levels of performance by promoting good working relationships in a team based on high standards of personal conduct
- Train and develop all members of the team to increase their personal contribution to effective performance
- Provide direct technical support to work team
- Conduct effective team briefings and ensure good communication within the team
- Conduct the performance management and appraisal process for direct reports
- Promote continuous improvement in the performance of the team
- Maintain good communications within the team
- Direct financial control of stores materials usage.
- Authorised level of external purchasing levels.
- Support Operations Engineering Manager in achieving overall control of engineering budget
- Will uphold cGMP principles in his/her area of responsibility, continually seek opportunities to improve and enhance quality standards, and encourage other staff to do likewise.
Contacts & Relationships:
- Works closely with the production and manufacturing functions and teams ensuring an effective maintenance service
- Working closely with the Operations Engineering Manager, CES/Plant Engineering team and the Assistant Engineers to provide an effective maintenance service to the site
- Working with Project Engineering teams in the execution and implementation of projects on site
- Liaison with suppliers and contractors
- Contribute to the reduction of maintenance expenditure by improving work methods and productivity
- Reports directly to the CES Plant Engineer & E&I Manager.
- Sound, practical engineering skills
- Thorough understanding of engineering standards and practices
- ONC or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience preferably in the Chemical Industry
- Thorough knowledge of pharma process equipment, clean room environments, hazardous areas and process utilities.
- Knowledge of Steam generation, CHP, N2 generation, fire water distribution, compressed air distribution and utilities plant an advantage.
- Planning and organising multi-disciplined teams, prioritising work activities and effective management of resources.
- Leadership and influencing skills in effective communications and motivating teams.
- Committed approach to continuous improvement
- Must have working knowledge of PSSR, WRAS, Control of Legionella, control of Asbestos and water treatment management
- Must have knowledge of DSEAR, COMAH, ATEX, cGMP and SIS
- Ability to co-ordinate and motivate team.
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration.