Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently looking for an HSE Professional in Nanticoke, ON for a 1 year contract. All candidates must be local or willing to relocate as there is no camp or LOA
Responsible for supervision and administration of project safety, Accountability Programs, Accident and Fire Protection Programs, Risk Management issues, and maintaining full compliance with Company, Client and Provincial safety regulations, and drug and alcohol policies.
- Maintains full compliance with all Company, Provincial and Client safety regulations at all times.
- Initiates and participates (with Operations) in all Accident/Incident investigations to determine Root-Causes and development of a Corrective Action Plan, including associated reports.
- Assists in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface and teamwork with Project / Operations management/supervisory personnel.
- Conduct field audits to ensure compliance with all company, client and OHSA regulations (includes auditing worksite for compliance to the Hand Injury Prevention Program).
- Maintains Accountability Programs for project safety-related issues and works with supervision to ensure uniform application of safety related discipline.
- Conducts training (as required) for supervision and field employees for new hire/re-hire orientations, Client orientations. Other training as may be required to maintain compliance with Corporate Safety Manual Procedures or Provincial safety regulations.
- Perform additional related duties, as required.
- 2-5 years safety experience in an industrial construction environment to include maintenance, capital construction, and/or turnarounds.
- Strong understanding of Provincial OHSA safety regulations, as well as applicable Provincial regulations.
- Strong understanding of project safety planning/management.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Job site location
- Monday to Saturday – 6/10