Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Senior Geophysicist based in Calgary, AB.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- As part of the operations team, provide geophysical support from the planning to the successful execution of multi-pad drill programs for unconventional resource plays (include on call and geosteering responsibilities).
- Apply both standard and advanced geophysical techniques suitable for unconventional tight sand plays to perform complex reservoir characterization, identify sweet spots, select well locations, maximize well productivity and monitor completions
- Create and interpret multiple attributes from 2D & 3D seismic and inversion products to predict stratigraphic and structural variations (integration with geological maps) along with rock properties, geo-mechanical properties and other relevant subsurface variations
- Evaluate land sales, acquisitions & divestment candidates
- Provide geophysical support to engineering and production operation initiatives
- B.Sc. or higher in Geophysics
- Be registered, or willing to register, with APEGA is required
- Minimum 12 years of upstream oil and gas experience
- Knowledge of petroleum geology and exploration principles from basin analysis to prospect definition
- Knowledge of Rock Mechanics
- Knowledge with Structural Interpretation
- Understanding of project risk and decision analysis
- Understanding of geologic mapping integration to develop comprehensive structure maps
- Working knowledge of Petrel
- Proficient in Seisware, Geosyn, Microsoft Office, Accumap, Wellview, and the ability to work with and learn to use a variety of geological software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work, as a professional, in a well-established multi-disciplinary team environment. Good teamwork skills are essential
- Excellent organizational skills to handle a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- A willingness and commitment to maintain documentation of interpretive and operational results.