- Interfaces with others in the company (engineering, SM, asset integrity, maintenance, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Reviews Vendors and Sub-vendors’ ITPs to ensure that they meet the requirements of the project.
- Prepares and issues Inspection Assignments for Third Party Inspector activities. Archives acknowledged Inspection Assignment in company database.
- Convenes, coordinates and conducts the Pre-fabrication Meetings at the Vendor’s facility.
- Reviews Inspection Reports for compliance with assignment instructions and PO requirements.
- Distributes inspection reports, IFL and signed ITP in a timely manner to the Project QA Lead / Engineers
- Verifies invoices for inspection hours & distance by comparing with inspection reports.
- Ensures that inspection activities are conducted in accordance with PO requirements and project’s approved Inspection and Test Plans.
- Conducts and reports on interim and ad-hoc inspection visits to Vendors and Sub-Vendors, as required by the project.
- Oversees and assists in the resolution of Non-conformance Reports, outstanding items and inspection wavers raised against assigned POs
- Experienced in checking content of Manufacturer Data Book to ensure that it meets project requirements
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance role.
- Bachelor degree or Engineering Technology Diploma in mechanical, metallurgy engineering or equivalent (registered or eligible for registration with APEGA or ASET).
- Familiarity with ASME and API Codes, CSA W47.1/W59 and other industry standards.
- Strong soft skills and firm proficiency in writing and speaking in English
- Understanding of work related documents, including engineered drawings and Bill of Materials
- Holding following certificates/credentials is not mandatory but can be considered as an asset:
CWB Level II or III welding inspector.
API 510, API 570, API 653, API SIFE, API SIRE, etc.
NACE CP, Coating
ASNT/ CGSB level 2 or 3
- Calgary (with Traveling to Vendor Shops)