Turnaround Cost Engineer
|Job Title:||Turnaround Cost Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Peter Leeuwen|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019 10:05|
The TA Cost Estimating & Benchmark Engineer is responsible for
• Contributing to the development, implementation and maintenance of cost management and estimating tools, processes, procedures, and reports in support of Pernis needs and compliant with the global Asset Management System framework. A key document is the TA Cost Management Plan.
• Coordination of the annual Turnaround Business plan (T&R) including managed OPEX TA’s and delivery of the Credible Path to Top Quartile overview.
• Contributing to consistent cost performance measurement (i.e. VoWD, LE, earned/burned) for TA and management reporting including the maintenance of the historical Turnaround cost performance database.
• Delivering 50% and 30% accurate cost estimates, identify special cost items and cost drivers deviating from the standard rates (approx. total of 20 estimates per year).
• Maintaining the key equipment cost ratio’s (Kengetallen) of Turnaround Cost Estimate tool for 50% and 30% estimates together with the lead-planner focal-point on annual basis.
• Providing ad-hoc support to peer cost engineers responsible for delivery of 10% accurate cost estimates, cost controls and reporting of cost progress within strict time schedules and routines.
• Performing cost estimate assurance reviews for estimates delivered by your peers.
• Coordination of post-TA delivery of close-out documentation and lessons learned (including ao. the Solomon Fuels study data and 50%-30%-10% actual comparisons/ analysis.)
• Delivering consistent and qualitative input to the bi-annual Solomon Fuels Study benchmark as the focal-point for Turnarounds Maintenance.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of per unit competitive (Solomon benchmark) Turnaround target costs.
• Participation in external assurance cost estimate reviews at other operating sites within Downstream EMEA
• Performing ad hoc problem solving and analytical requests from senior management.
The Turnaround Cost Engineering team consists of 1 Team lead and 7 TA Cost Engineers
Typical annual Turnaround expenditure managed by the team is some 80M€ across 10 Turnarounds in 2 events.
The TA Cost Estimating & Benchmark Engineer will not have any direct reports, however she/he is expected to act as technical coach of her/his peers within the TA Cost Engineering team with respect to cost estimating and benchmarking. Key Stakeholders TA Cost Engineers, Services Manager, Planning & Scheduling Lead, TA Event Managers, Blockleaders, Lead Planners, Contracts Manager, Finance, TA Admin
• Work experience on Turnarounds and/or Projects in Execute
• Strong communicator and effective in building sustainable relationships with stakeholders
• Creative in applying a range of influence tactics and not afraid of being the messenger of a hard truth
• Fluency in Dutch, both in writing as verbally to enable effective communications with stakeholders who are not as profound in English
• IT literate with strong affinity with Excel for our cost control and estimating tools are Excel based.
• A technical Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience demonstrating your affinity with the technical scope of work of a Turnaround/Project to validate ability to translate scope, risks and uncertainties into costs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's