The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Calgary area as no LOA or camp is available.
- Provide mechanical discipline engineering expertise to our business units, project staff, and engineering service providers across portfolio of projects. Participate as an active, value-added, collaborative member of various project teams.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to engineering contractors regarding Owner requirements.
- Review and/or approval of all technical documentation produced by engineering service providers, and vendors. Participate in development and/or review of design basis document, FEED and detailed engineering deliverables, and providing technical support during construction and commissioning activities.
- Participate as an active and value-added contributor during design reviews, hazard reviews, model reviews, gate reviews and project audits.
- Ensure appropriate mechanical engineering specifications are used for projects. Contribute to the development and maintenance of mechanical engineering specifications and standards.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional Engineer, registered or eligible for registration with APEGA.
- Eligible to travel and work in the USA (passport, and eligible for working visa).
- Minimum 10 years of relevant oil and gas industry mechanical engineering experience. Owner/ operator experience is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated experience in greenfield and brownfield major project environments, from concept through to execution and start-up phase, in a gated project development environment. (10 years)
- Experience in defining mechanical technical deliverables for capital projects. (5 years)
- Experience in executing small to medium-size multi-disciplinary capital projects. (5 years)
- Minimum 10 years of project experience in oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate EPC project deliverables.
- Prior experience as Mechanical Engineer/Lead in an operating facility or large project environment (on Owner team or EPC team environment).
- Extensive experience with mechanical-related project deliverables.
- Familiarity with mechanical standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including ASME, API, CSA, TEMA, etc.
- Experience in application of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes.
- Ability to organize and develop written specifications, standards and guidance documents.
- Demonstrated abilities to develop effective working relationships, work in collaborative team environments, communicate effectively (written and verbal), and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Valid Driver's License is required for business travel.
- Strong computer skills.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in design, specifying, and selection of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, pumps, compressors, piping, pipelines, and related mechanical equipment. (5 years)
- Experience in developing mechanical equipment and piping specifications, standards and best practices. (5 years)
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques used to manufacture oilfield equipment.
- Knowledge of construction methods utilized in greenfield and brownfield oil and gas facility projects.
- Prior experience on development of upstream projects such as single well batteries, multi-well batteries, gas plants, SAGD and other enhanced oil recovery projects.
- Prior experience in development of midstream projects such as pipelines, booster stations, LACT units.
- Prior experience in development of downstream projects such as heavy oil upgrading and refining.
- Experience in application of ASME B31.3 and B31.1 Piping Codes.
- Experience in application of CSA Z662 Pipeline code.