Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, currently has an opportunity for a Lead Operator for a 1 year extendable contract. This is a camp based fly-in fly-out position. Must be 2nd Class Power Engineer
- Supervise and lead a team of operators in safe and efficient plant operations.
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments to measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions and to ensure plant equipment is operating at maximum efficiency using HMI technology.
- Analyze and record instrument readings and equipment malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action and minor repairs to prevent equipment or system failure.
- Clean and lubricate generators, turbines, pumps and compressors and perform other routine equipment maintenance duties using appropriate lubricants and hand, power and precision tools.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment, both in the processing facility and in the vicinity of the facility.
- Maintain a daily log of operation, maintenance and safety activities, and write reports about plant operation.
- Represent the company well in community relationships.
- 2nd class power engineering certificate.
- 10+ years’ of thermal heavy oil experience, oilsands, primary heavy oil experience or petrochemical experience.
- Strong communication skills, including leadership skills.
- Desire to be part of a producing team is essential.
- WHMIS, TDG, H2S Alive, St. Johns First Aid, Confined Space Entry desired.
- Clean driver’s license, class 5.
- Computer literacy.