HSE Manager / RSO is responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs, procedures and guidelines that covers the areas of health, safety, security, environmental and radiation protection.
HSE Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the top management in the HSE policies, procedures and guidelines development.
- Supports the top management in the organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Supports the top management in the HSE Management Systems integrations.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the company HSE systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate HSE System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Assists the commercial, engineering and operations and quality departments in their dealings with clients in all issues concerned with health and safety at work.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety related subjects.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Performs Risk Assessments
- Implements and monitors
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities
- Implement, maintain and monitor company HSE management systems in accordance with government and company standards; visibly promotes HSE culture.
RSO Roles and Responsibilities
All responsibilities of Radiation Safety Officer as mentioned in K.A. CARE regulations & applicable Aramco Specifications are under the direct responsibility of the RSO, which includes:
- Control of radiation related documents and records.
- Coordination for the resolution of radiation safety issues.
- Assessment of risk involved during all exposure in radiation related work.
- Monitor for all radioactive material and as accessories such and related calibration, maintenance services and leak tests.
- The RSO shall also be responsible for handling, calibrations, monitoring, and maintenance of radiation safety equipment.
- Coordinate and conduct training for radiation workers.
- Obtain RPL, import license, and export permission from required legal authorities & required legislation agents for the Isotope.
- Investigate and report all incidents involving over- exposure to ionizing radiation.
- The RSO shall be able to provide emergency services in case of radiation emergencies.
- Ensure that only radiation workers and assistants who are qualified or certified, and who are competent and trained in radiation safety conduct radiation related activities.
- Provide radiation awareness training, refresher training and to perform radiation safety audits, site inspection, and reporting of the same.
- Communication with K.A.CARE officials, Saudi Aramco officers, police, customs, civil defense and other legal parties for effective management of radiation sources, TLD, EPD and survey meters.
Experience and Competency
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a 3-Years Technical College Degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HSE / RSO in the Oilfield Industry of which 5 years should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Certified Radiation Safety Officer for Well Logging from K.A.CARE.
- Must possess a certificate in HSE Management such as IOSH Managing Safely or Nebosh IGC.
- Must be familiar with legal and regulatory requirements of Saudi Arabia and Saudi Aramco which are related to HSE and Radiation Protection
- Must be familiar with international safety standards such as ISO 45001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001 and IAEA.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- The QHSE Manager / RSO will report to the Drilling Services Country/Regional General Manager