Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Pipeline Engineer based in Calgary, AB.
• Responsible for the design oversight and construction execution support of pipelines and related facilities supporting projects.
• Assist during cost estimating to provide clear scope definition and technical expertise.
• Responsible for scheduling, cost control, and forecasting for the design work and for reporting these to the Pipeline Engineering Supervisor and Project Manager.
• Participate and provide guidance in design reviews with outside engineering firms and with internal stakeholders such as System Planning, Operations, Construction, Lands, Environment and other SME’s for review and approval of design criteria and construction drawing packages.
• Work with Procurement & Supply Chain team to purchase materials and to contract Engineering related service providers.
• Provide technical assistance during construction and assist with on-site commissioning.
• Assist with the regulatory process by providing preliminary layout drawings, technical project descriptions and other requested information for use in the application filing.
• Interact with third party outside engineering firms as well as in-house disciplines including Project Managers, Construction, Operations, BD, Marketing, Systems Planning, Procurement & Supply Chain, Regulatory, Lands and others.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of company design guidelines.
• Develop and maintain project specific records, in particular, Key Project Assumptions, Design Basis Memorandum and Engineering Decision Records.
• Ensure lessons learned from previous projects are incorporated into the design and industry best practices are considered.
• Provide training and mentoring to new personnel or others as required.
• An Engineering degree; P. Eng. (Mechanical, Civil or other)
• 7 or more years related experience in the oil and gas pipeline industry
• In depth, detailed knowledge of applicable codes such as CSA Z662, ASME B31, NACE
• Self-discipline and self-motivation, with special attention to detail and technical accuracy
• Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
• Commitment to a team approach
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasker
• Must have a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License