Job DescriptionSCM Specialist
To contribute to the achievement of global procurement value improvement targets for Manufacturing and ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from the strategic procurement of Manufacturing spend.
- Participates in, and leads as needed, planning processes to identify upcoming needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding their needs and solicit feedback and participation.
- Develops sourcing and contracting strategies as required, given project or service requirements (e.g. lump sum, T & M), and chooses contracting vehicles appropriate to situation.
- Qualifies or pre-qualifies contractors to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Develops approved contractors lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate.
- Negotiates key commercial terms and conditions. Analyzes RFQ packages and labor rates. Develops awareness of associated risks with key stakeholders.
- Liaises with Legal and Risk Management staffs as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk.
- Monitors contractor performance. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information.
- Tracks and documents scope of work changes. Communicates with contractors as focal point for ongoing issue resolution, including warranty issues.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur in developing category strategies and contracts within the site and cluster.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by soliciting RFI’s, RFP’s, market analysis, counter estimates and negotiating agreements.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by developing and maintaining required (management) reports, spend analysis and reporting value improvements.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur in registering and amending contracts in SAP, Ariba and other electronic tools.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by communicating with vendors and (internal) customers.
- Supports the SCM Manager – Port Arthur by obtaining information required by the Category Managers.
- College degree preferred (Bachelor’s degree Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in procurement
- Business Acumen and Results oriented
- Contract Negotiation
- Customer Focus / Stakeholder Engagement
- Team player
- Experienced with SAP, Ariba, Word, Excel and
- SCM system and category / process knowledge
- Risk Management
- Relationship Management
- Project Management