Geoscience Data Manager
NES Global Talent has partnered with international oilfield service companies to source the top talent available in the Saudi Arabian and International markets. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Saudi Arabia’s Oil and Gas industry is in an exciting growth phase with 2019 through 2020 set to be an excellent time for skilled workers to join and re-join the sector. As such we are now seeking an experienced Geoscience Data to fulfill a contract position in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you must be experienced working in oil and gas industry, ideally a minimum of 7-10 years.
Essential qualifications and experience include though are not limited to:
- Provides the necessary Geoscience data management analysis and support: data loading, QC, transfer, manipulating, archiving, restoring etc.
- Implements and follows company standards, best practices and workflows to ensure quality, confidentiality, security and integrity of data.
- Manages and maintains (reference) exploration databases.
- Manipulates and manages a variety of geospatial datasets, ensures its completeness and correctness and uses spatial database models to facilitate Geo-Information Management.
- Contributes to a logical and intuitive data organization.
- Participates in the technical review of the Geoscience Information Systems.
- Participates /gives input to improve Geosciences data management strategies
- Contributes to the availability and correct functioning of the IT infrastructure and software systems, provides high quality first level Geoscience application support to the user community.
- Tests and improves (by escalating bug reports) Geoscience application software, proposes improvements to the software portfolio. Profile
- BSc or MSc degree in a relevant EP technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Geosciences, Data Management, Geometrics
- 5-10 years’ experience as a data manager, significant knowledge of and experience in E&P geoscience applications (e.g. Petrel, Decision space, ...)
- Extensive knowledge of data management tools, geophysical, geological, petrophysical data types and their typical workflows
- Good knowledge of Geographical Information system: ESRI ArcGIS.
- Good knowledge of Information Systems, Information Technology and Data Management (applications, databases, Linux OS, programming tools)
- Good understanding of Geoscience Exploration studies and requirements