Job holders at this level undertake a range of specialist activities within the IT function. They need to have a broad understanding of IT functions and a strong understanding of their area of specialization, and are primarily concerned with the delivery of day-to-day activities for their assigned area, with the additional requirement of resolving issues escalated from junior colleagues.
Job holders at this level are mid-level professionals capable of operating independently and work within guidelines and procedures.
1. Carry out important and complex IT tasks in a timely manner and to the highest standards, in order to ensure the effective delivery of day-to-day IT services across COMPANY and its subsidiaries (as applicable).
2. Assist senior colleagues in their tasks to support the smooth completion of day-to-day IT activities.
3. Continually monitor IT systems, processes and workflows in order to identify opportunities for improvement, streamlining, and improving cost efficiencies.
4. Provide guidance and support to junior team members in order transfer IT knowledge to help them gain technical experience, and ultimately support the continuous operations of the function.
5. Act as the second level of troubleshooting by following-up on escalated and more complex inquiries and complaints rapidly, and ensure an appropriate resolution is implemented to meet users’ needs.
6. Monitor and record the quality of COMPANY’s IT systems, applications, and networks to ensure that appropriate action is taken and users across the organization are satisfied.
7. Execute approved procurement activities for IT in coordination with the relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that the required equipment is available to meet the organization’s operational needs.
8. Liaise effectively with internal customers to ensure that COMPANY’s IT services meet required standards and expectations, and that user requirements are accurately captured and defined.
9. Monitor the efficiency and capacity of COMPANY’s hardware and software in order to plan for future upgrading, making recommendations and providing input into feasibility studies.
10. Establish, execute and implement the maintenance of hardware to ensure it is carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations.
11. Implement efficient back-up procedures in order to minimize loss of data due to disaster or accident.
12. Provide training to end users in the use of specialist IT tools and systems to ensure their full capability is exploited for the benefit of COMPANY.
13. Collect relevant information to include and present in IT reports as necessary, to ensure that senior management receive up-to-date and concise information to inform decision making and control processes.
14. Provide input where necessary to inform decision-making on issues such as IT suppliers, vendors, selection, and third party performance management.
15. Observe practices in the department, attend formal trainings, and develop a thorough understanding and appreciation of COMPANY’s IT policy and practices in order to be fully competent to undertake own role.
16. Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
Qualifications & Experience
§ Bachelor degree in an IT discipline, Computer Science or any similar discipline
§ Direct University hires can be considered on a case by case basis
§ 0 to 8 years of experience in a similar function
§ Good knowledge and understanding of IT solutions, systems and applications
§ Good understanding of the business
§ Strong analytical and report development skills
§ Good communication skills
§ Attention to detail
§ Ability to work under pressure
§ Interpersonal, teamwork and cooperation skills
Information Security GRC Specialist
|Job Title:||Information Security GRC Specialist|
|Location:||Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia|
|Contact Name:||Sarfraj Ahmed|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 12:34|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's