Security Lock & Key Specialist
Security / Site Security
Head of Physical Security System Maintenance
The Purpose of Security Locksmith is to perform work in the installation, repair, remodel and maintenance of manual and automated locks, locking systems and security devices; computerized access control systems; door openers, closers, and hardware of Nuclear Security.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains, repairs and adjusts all types of locks and their components for Security buildings, rooms, safes;
- Cuts and issues keys; maintains the Security key schedules and ket and core information including combinations;
- Implements, troubleshoots, repairs security systems locks;
- Maintains and repairs automatic door openers, door closing units and control gates;
- Manages the servicing and maintenance of Security safes;
- Inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations;
- Inspects related work performed by contractors; estimates cost, time and materials for locksmith projects;
- Participates in the maintenance and operations of a locksmith store
- Participates in the development and maintenance of Lock & Key related procedures and other program related documents
- Maintain inventory of locks, keys and all ancillary equipment and materials so as to sustain the program without interruption
- Produce and/or modify hardware for locks.
- Make new keys and cores; replace broken or lost keys.
- Design and maintain master key system.
- Design, modify, and implement security policies and procedures.
- Maintain and monitor the various key lock boxes including the initial and continued integration of these in to the PPS system
- Establish the Lock and Key room at Nuclear Site and adequately equip it with all tools and equipment to effectively conduct the program duties
Test & Maintenance
- Design, implement and maintain preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance programs for Lock and Key program.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to state and regulatory requirements and reports back to supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records as required by FANR Regulation 08.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Be able to promptly and accurately respond to any related incident
- Be able to utilise the Company Work Management systems to record all works carries out related to Lock and Keys
- Establish the lock and key program or enhance the existing one and address any existing regulatory or programmatic gaps
- Properly implement and manage the program and sustain an appropriate level of performance.
- Improve the systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Continual Improvement Program Contribution - Contribute to a continual improvement program to constantly make changes to support processes in order to improve delivery and simplify service related processes.
- Provide inputs into the long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence, risk management and business continuity.
- Cognizant of the above, conduct an annual Self-Assessment to determine program status and drive improvements
Training & Knowledge Transfer
- Play an essential role in the awareness of all internal and external parties/stakeholders
- Support young Emirati talent to obtain the required trainings and perform On the Job Training (OJT) and observations to monitor and improve performance
- Transfer the correct knowledge to the Emirati lock and key technician
- Act as the SME in front of the Regulator and support the Security functions prior to, during and after formal regulator inspections.
HSE & Security
- Follow all relevant company’s HSE policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people, or the environment, who are at the employee's place of work who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant Security policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work, by applying them on self, others and Corporate assets.
Communication and Working Relationships
Establish necessary communications with Security sub functional departments and staff to ensure that adequate staff exists to support 24/7 coverage for operations & repairs of the communication systems. Maintain relationships with Internal & External stakeholders. Key interfaces include: (1) Engineering; (2) Maintenance; (3) Instrumentation & Calibration; and (4) external stakeholders to include CICPA, CPO, FANR and Security Operations.
Bachelor's Degree with 4 years of experience
Diploma or Military or Police Academy graduate with 9 years of experience
High School with 11 years of experience
Nuclear Security Experience
Experience with various locking systems includes theory and on-the-job work
Knowledge of all types locks and locking Technologies
Commercial experience in Testing, Commissioning, Integrating, Supporting, fault analysis and diagnosis of locks and systems
Respect for Safety and Security
Integrity and Transparency
Results Focus: Working effectively and efficiently
Fluent in English.
Competent utilizing Microsoft Office programs
Attention to detail.
Communication and interpersonal relationship building skills
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs.
unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking