Intermediate Integrity Engineer
|Job Title:||Intermediate Integrity Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Sim|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 15:02|
Responsible for managing the integrity program for Pressure Vessels and Small Tanks. Providing company-wide sponsorship and support with respect to proposed capital projects, data management, assessments, trending, standards and regulatory issues, improvement of existing programs, and development of new programs and initiatives.
• Manage and execute the Pressure Vessels and Small Tank programs to reduce the potential for leaks and positively influence our company’s integrity performance metric through the following means:
o Develop a framework for the evaluation and ranking of Pressure Vessels and Small Tank assets across the company .
o Work closely with Region Operations, project groups, and consultant engineering firms, develop plans and resolve technical issues to successfully complete inspections and upgrades.
o Ensure and report on execution of the Pressure Vessels and Small Tank annual program and develop annual and long range plans to maintain the integrity of the system. Manage changes to the program in a disciplined manner and ensure all appropriate work and financial processes are followed
o As a subject matter lead, act as a company-wide point of contact for Pressure Vessels and Small Tank related technical questions in order to ensure the integrity of new and existing assets.
o Safety Critical Task: evaluate the condition of the asset and implement appropriate actions to maintain safety.
• Influence industry standards and practices by:
o Provide technical input to Technical Standard Deviation and Change Requests to ensure proposed deviations to company standards do not have a negative impact on the integrity of assets.
o Provide input for research and development efforts to improve the reliability of program assets.
o As a subject matter lead, participate in stakeholder reviews of technical documents; including standards, specifications, and manuals; to ensure learnings and best practices developed in FI are communicated throughout the company.
• Participate in incident response and investigation activities, including field response and root cause analysis for Facilities Integrity and Pipeline Integrity.
• Influence the delivery of the annual operating budget up to $5 MM and Capital Budget of $10 MM
• ~Number of Pressure Vessel and Small Tanks managed = 1600 assets across all America
• Safety critical responsibilities related to FI Storage assets, oversight of Pressure Vessels & Small Tank program including inspection and repair timing
Contacts (Working Relationships)
• Internal: Within Pipeline Integrity Department and connecting with stakeholder departments including Engineering, Operations, Compliance and Supply Chain.
• External: Technical and Industry Associations, Regulators, consultants and suppliers
• Professional Engineer registered or eligible for registration with APEGA preferred
• Minimum 7 years of experience and PM skills
• High work ethic and initiative
• Ability to interpret impact to the Company of diverse regulatory and technical issues.
• Effective oral and written communication skills required to communicate to a wide audience, including employees, all levels of management and regulatory agencies
• Demonstrated Leadership competencies in communicating with impact, applying sound logic, aligning with FI strategies, learning and adjusting, executing plans and contributing to process improvements.
• Demonstrated Technical Competencies in Facilities Integrity Threat Management, Engineering Assessment, Risk Management and FI Storage Program Management (Tanks, SmallPressure Vessels)
• Office environment. Semi-frequent travel required for planning and overseeing of field maintenance activities including travel to the USA.15% travel
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Pipeline Integrity Engineer
Senior Safety & Operational Integrity Advisor
Intermediate Environmental Applications Advisor
CAD55 - CAD70 per hour
Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
€425 - €480 per day