Job DescriptionSafety Officer
Our client, a large Midstream company is currently seeking a Safety Officer to work a contract position based in Calgary.
- Responsible for an organization's safety programs.
- Develops, implements, and manages safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance of safety/accident records.
- Data collection, analysis and performance reporting
- On a reoccurring basis (e.g. monthly/quarterly/yearly) report on safety performance metrics and assess ongoing safety performance results to continually identify improvement opportunities and suggest corrective actions as required to achieve desired safety goals and objectives.
- Create, maintain and update stakeholder scorecards, dashboards, reports, and presentations with trending and analytical comparisons; creating and integrating data, tables, graphs and interpretive commentary for internal and external use. Communicates information both written and verbal (e.g. presentations) and relays fact and analysis to varied levels of management and non-technical audiences.
- Collect and manage stakeholder and system safety data (incident data, hours, mileage, etc.) and ensure tracability and auditability. Identify, investigate and resolve quality issues found within data.
- Analyze incident and hazard management data captured within incident reporting and hazard assessment tools.
- Interact with Health & Safety Advisors to coach and assist in event and hazard reporting, categorization and risk/severity ranking and to ensure events are appropriately documented, investigations completed and corrective actions tracked.
- Coordinate program/practice reviews (and updates) and regulatory reviews.
- Participate in the development of the annual health & safety plan and measurement of the plan.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. organize and facilitate discussions, working sessions )including field operations and other corporate teams to support corporate performance, integrated management system activities, and the resolution of identified health & safety management issues.
- An undergraduate degree/Diploma or certification in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 4-7 or more years’ experience in a reporting and analytics capacity, analyzing data, data mining and producing high-quality data driven deliverables. Experience in KPI development, trending, benchmarking and statistical analysis.
- Advanced to expert experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g. charting & graphing, formulas/functions, macros) and data management applications.
- Skills and experience with Power BI and/or other visualization tools. Knowledge and experience with business intelligence tools/relational database applications.
- Strong skills in all other MS office products, including PowerPoint.
- Intermediate skills in database querying and reporting. Skilled in taking raw data from multiple sources and producing accurate and meaningful reports to support/inform decision-making.
- Must have a high degree of critical thinking, to select the most appropriate input data, modeling method, variables, and techniques.
- Take responsibility for varied assignments and work independently; effectively managing time, approaches to problems, and multiple work priorities.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge in resolving problems, identifying opportunities and anticipating the needs and concerns of stakeholders.
- Nice to have
- Formal post-secondary education in occupational health and safety (degree, diploma, certificate)
- Experience in occupational safety and pipeline/oilfield operations and construction.
- Public speaking and group/meeting facilitation skills