Job DescriptionOur client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a fluid technician for a one year contract based in Lloydminster AB.
- Coordinate engagement with stakeholders and troubleshoot issues to optimize fluid movement operations. Stakeholders include facilities operations, production operations, and the carrier dispatchers.
- Monitor called/planned loads to ensure they are dispatched and hauled according to plan.
- Provide transportation daily, weekly and monthly reports on fluid movement performance and targets.
- Use decision support tools to derive daily load allocation plans and create daily "what-if scenarios" and daily resource requirements.
- Liaise with Dispatch Technician Lead to provide input to the analysis of the Transportation System components and processes (e.g. for continuous improvement and optimization).
- Execute planned or emergency responses to changes/ accidents/ incidents as they occur within the Transportation System operating environment.
Must have Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 driver’s license
- A minimum of 2 years fluid hauling related experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, decision making and facilitation skills
- Highly motivated, outstanding positive attitude and desire to grow job responsibility
- Knowledge of legal land descriptions
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous safety experience is an asset
- Prior work with Operations and Fluid Haulers
- Auditing experience and/or certification
- Incident Investigation experience and/or certification
- Working knowledge of Client software is an asset