Job DescriptionJob Title: HSSE Analyst
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Job Type: Full-time/ Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a growing Midstream Operator, has a permanent opportunity for an HSSE Analyst to be based in Corpus Christi, TX.
The HSSE Analyst reports directly to the HSSE Manager and is responsible for providing support to multi-discipline teams accountable for the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental activities at the liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal. Responsibilities of the HSSE Analyst include production of reports, communication and coordination among employees, other departments, contractors, customers and regulatory agencies.
This position requires an understanding of the company’s organization, functions, roles and responsibilities. Knowledge of office protocol, customer service philosophies, document management methodologies and procedures and automated on-line system applications is required. Must be fully functional and self-directed with the ability to manage competing priorities and have experience in processes necessary to support project management and service delivery.
- Assists in the preparation, forecasting and management of HSSE Budget
- Compiles departmental information from staff for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submits for Manager approval.
- Compiles and updates the department’s monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Manager review and approval and submits.
- Compiles, enters and analyzes HSSE leading and lagging indicators for trends and prepares and distributes reports based on analysis.
- Assist with the scheduling and coordination of drills and exercises
- Assist with the scheduling and coordination of medical surveillance activities.
- Performs analysis of data entered into the Company Incident Management System and prepares reports based on this analysis.
- Maintains and updates the HSSE Departmental Performance Goals
- Enter tasks and track completion status for tasks assigned to HSSE personnel
- Completes assignments and projects using independent judgment and interpretation of Company policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations on new processes, templates and materials development for department.
- Manages the HSSE Initiatives list, reviews monthly with Manager and discipline leads, updates, revises, and adjusts/adds initiatives as applicable.
- Compiles raw data from analysis performed by third parties and assembles into report form for review by responsible discipline subject matter experts.
- Completes all Regulatory Training as required.
Qualifications (education, Experience, And Skills)
Education and Certifications : Minimum of Associates Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in applied sciences, financial management or other equivalent education preferred
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in a related or similar role.
- Must have strong and effective organizational skills and proven capability to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly organized and motivated with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. Ability to identify recurring trends in data sets. Individual shall demonstrate good judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral). Must be able to articulate and understand complex issues. Ability to effectively communicate with different areas/levels within the organization.
- Positive attitude with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to rapidly changing work environments.
- Must have the ability to proactively work with and support other departments within the organization. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Advanced MS-Excel knowledge and good knowledge of PowerPoint are required. Oracle knowledge is a plus.
- Solid commitment to safety and dedication to Company’s core values.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
No direct reports.
FREEDOM TO ACT
The HSSE Analyst can make daily decisions in the implementation of assigned duties and is expected to identify and communicate key business issues and improvement opportunities.