Job DescriptionSenior Specialist, Process Engineer System
Location: Downtown Houston
Duration: Contract to hire (after 6 months)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Develop, maintain, and share application systems architecture and technical documentation.
- Management of virtual machines required for supporting and troubleshooting engineering applications.
- Participate in the initiatives undertaken by the global Engineering Systems team.
- Engineering Systems SharePoint sites administration and maintenance.
- Select thermodynamic systems and develop thermodynamic properties
- Monitor the production application environments taking such action as may be necessary to ensure maximum availability and correct operation issues of the Process, Saftey, and Envionmental suite of engineering applications
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience
- Experience developing PFDs, heat and material balances, process data sheets, process equipment sizing calculations using industry-standard applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys, and ProMax, as well as process analytical software such as PIMS, PipeSim, Pipenet, Flarenet, Flaresim, and other industry-standard engineering software.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Comos FEED or Aspen Basic Engineering.
- Working knowledge of data processing including technical knowledge of IT hardware, software, networks, and SQL or Oracle Server database technology.
- Working knowledge of current scripting languages such as VB Script, .NET, C#, C++.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA.
- Experience with Comos FEED program administration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of 3rd party software license management tools such as FlexLM, HASPLM, SentinelLM, and software license deployment methodology.
- Knowledge of SharePoint development and maintenance.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer.