Job DescriptionSourcing Specialist
Our Client, a Large Midstream company is currently seeking a Sourcing Specialist to work a contract position based in either Calgary or Edmonton.
- The execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities.
- Developing & executing the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Driving sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
- Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Partnering with key local business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management
- 5+ years related experience in SCM
- University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Proved communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills, with influencing and persuasive talents
- A proven ability to lead teams
- Experience negotiating complex commercial agreements
- In depth knowledge of RFx development and execution, contraction preparation and contract management
- Ability to perform objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a decision
- Ability to monitor and manage supplier relationships and performance with minimal supervision
Nice to Have:
A postgraduate qualification or MBA
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) / Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation or equivalent is an asset