Job DescriptionResponsible for the general implementation, technical configuration, ongoing operational health and maintenance of Information Services server and storage infrastructure installations as specified for all data centre operations sites; you will be principally responsible for ensuring that IT server and storage configurations and installations are operationally sustainable and supportable at an enterprise level according to IT Operations Services Standards;
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated understanding of and resolution of a broad range of enterprise systems level management including:
-Hyper-V deployment and configuration. Preferably with 2016
-Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS) installation and configuration
-Backup and Storage systems, preferably Veeam, CommVault and NetApp Storage
-Monitoring & Alerting systems utilising Microsoft SCOM
- Provide technical support for all IT Services groups
- Strive to meet or exceed the Service Level Objectives and Targets.
- Record all work carried out in established service management systems (FrontRange, Microsoft SCOM, Orion, Project Server etc.);
- Ensure quality detail is provided when logging tasks, recording concise and accurate
- Comprehensive and diligent incident and problem management processes are followed according to standards.
The successful candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude to contribute to a high functioning team.
Qualification, experience & skills required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, or related experience.
- Certification in ITIL, Microsoft, Customer Service Certification (highly desirable).
- Minimum 4-5 years of IT operational systems administration experience, covering server operating systems and storage (SAN, NAS, HCI, etc.) systems at enterprise level.
- Proven track record in providing project implementation to diverse and busy environments including IT & OT sites.
- Specific certifications in networking, server or desktop management systems (highly desirable)
- Excellent can do attitude to contribute to a highly functioning team environment
- Polite, courteous and positive