Job DescriptionYour new company:
Our globally recognised Mining client is looking for an Electrical Supervisor to join their Projects team on a contract to permanent basis. This is a rewarding and exiting opportunity, with the potential for growth and development on a 8:6 Roster.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent your duties will include but not be limited to.
- Hold statutory appointment as the Mine Services Electrical Supervisor, High Voltage Operator
- Supervise and manage contractors and sub-contracting personnel under your control to deliver electrical, instrumentation and communication infrastructure in a projects environment.
- Review third party management plans, methodologies and commissioning plans to ensure regulatory compliance and industry-leading safe work practices;
- Carry out investigations into electrical accidents/incidents and report to the relevant authorities as required.
- Support the Capital Projects Site Superintendent and Project Managers in delivering the project program in accordance with electrical standards and company requirements .
- Ensure all electrical statutory testing and maintenance is carried out and recorded as required by your appointment.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Current WA Electrician's Licence
- Cert 3 or Cert 4 Instrumentation
- Previous Diesel Powered Generator experience (desirable).
- Previous experience in a large mining operation involving dewatering
- High Voltage Switching Certificate
- Competent understanding of electrical schematics, isolation and permitting systems
- Current High Risk Work Licence endorsed - WP
- Experience in computer based maintenance systems - SAP
- Strong commitment to health and safety
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an highly successful Iron Ore company that prides themselves on career opportunity and development. This position is available for an immediate start, and a full medical will be required prior commencement.