Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Pipeline Maintenance Technician in Belleville, ON for a 5 month contract. All candidates must be local as no camp or LOA is provided.
- The primary focus of this role is to take on duties that develop the incumbent’s core / fundamental skills and knowledge of the area in which they are working and apply them in a safe manner.
Works towards achieving the Fully Qualified level for all technical competencies required for the specific position and location.
- This role is guided by past practice and availability of Field Operator III/IV for guidance.
- Communication is verbal and written and typically consists of the collection and relay of basic facts.
- Assignments are typically straight forward and after the task has been explained may require some guidance to ensure incumbent remains on? track. Limited independent judgment required.
- New tasks and work of moderate or higher complexity will be reviewed closely for accuracy.
- Maintain Belleville PLM Shop & Grounds
- Maintenance at Mainline Valves
- Assist with ROW maintenance, signing, brushing
- Assist with crossings, locates, Ontario One Call
- Participate in Emergency Response Training
- Learn and complete Maximo PM’s.
- Assist E & M dept. as required
- Construction or trades background, millwright, or maintenance technician training.
- High School Diploma and minimal direct training and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and cooperate well within a small group.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use word, excel, outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all-weather types and a variety of outdoor environments.
- Must be able to complete both manual labour as well as technical work.
- Ability to travel and work overtime as requires