Job DescriptionAker Solutions ‘Front End’ team are currently looking for a Senior Instrument Engineer to support our current growth requirements and strengthen our early phase engineering consultancy team. With interesting new projects on the horizon for Q3, with projects around the world, it’s an exciting time to join the Front End team.
The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel within one of our ongoing studies is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Senior Instrument Engineer.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To assist the Lead or Principal engineer in meeting project requirements and performing all technical duties in a highly competent and efficient manner
- Assist in the preparation of CTR's and man-hour estimates via the Aker Integrated Management System (AKIMS) where applicable for instrument scopes
- Execute technical duties in a competent and professional manner and in accordance with company procedures. For example, manual and computer analysis, reporting, attending FATs, checks & reviews, prepare construction & commissioning procedures, preparation of CTRs
- Assist the lead or principal engineer in the planning, co-ordination and execution of the groups work activities
- Review and comment on vendor information and assist with inspection and testing
- Provide engineering and technical direction for drawing office personnel
- Coordinate and manage instrument, F&G and Telecommunications system packaged equipment
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of multi-discipline and or single discipline engineering modifications / project scope of works within a contract or a project
- Manage the defined scopes of work provided by the contact / project management team ensuring that the discipline scopes of work are fully defined and in accordance with the client's requirements
- Prepare engineering concepts and develop into detail design
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- Educated to HNC/HND level in engineering discipline essential. Educated to degree level in engineering discipline preferred
- TUV Rheinland Certified – Preferred
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer – Preferred
- Conversant with appropriate technical software
- Client facing with good communication skills
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent, contract and temporary recruitment.
For further information on this role please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / firstname.lastname@example.org