Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, a large oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Engineering Analyst- Intermediate to be based in Markham ON, on 12 month contract.
Evaluates engineering related data and reports and prepares recommended actions. Prepares business case presentations
The function of this role is to use available Work Order and installation data to identify correct failed component and to classify the failure mode.
Classify failure components and failure modes. The correct component should be identified, the correct asset number should be assigned, the age at failure should be recorded and the cause of failure should be assigned based on all available data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand job codes and job types associated with repair work
- Understand the components that form the below grade facilities of the distribution network
- Determine which Work Orders were associated to gas escapes
- Using the comments and remarks from work order history, identify the component that failed, classify the failure mode
- Using Maximo and field notes verify that the failure is associated to the correct Asset number
- Create an accurate record for each failure event.
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
- Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
- A high level of attention to detail
- Capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
- Strong sense of organization, initiative, and planning
- Technical writing capability
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and adoptability to new software platforms.
- Knowledge of Gas policy and procedures (preferred)
- Knowledge of field notes and other installation records
- Knowledge of gas utility below grade facilities
- Knowledge of FMEA or similar methodology
- Knowledge of time dependent failure modes versus random failure events
- Engineering or other technical background
- Working knowledge of GIS systems (e.g. ESRI ArcGIS)
- Working knowledge of Maximo